So it was my birthday over the weekend. We had a Christmas Party on Saturday and then Sunday I spent the day celebrating my birthday.
At the party on Saturday there were a lot of delectable treats and I could not resist, I ate a lot and enjoyed it. Delicious homemade pie, cake, little tarts, delicious salads, etc. I woke up Sunday still full, so I didn’t eat until noon. We went out for brunch to celebrate my birthday. I ordered an omelette (which from experience, is way too much for me) and I had the delicious butter covered warm homemade toast (I don’t normally eat wheat or butter). I ate the whole thing and it was delicious. I felt totally over-stuffed.
We spent the day walking the city so at least that helped with digestion. In the afternoon my Dad came by for a cup of tea to celebrate my birthday. He brought cake, I ate it even though I was still full. Thankfully there was more walking. We had a late dinner at 9pm, I had the works; butter chicken, rice, naan and gulab jamun for dessert. I was stuffed.
I feel like I gained 10 lbs this weekend!
In three days it’s Christmas so I need to Ying the Yang so I can enjoy Christmas treats for two days without really gaining 10 lbs.
So this is what I will do for the next three days:
- Start the day by drinking a litre of luke warm water. It usually takes me about an hour, I drink one glass at a time. Helps flush everything out and hydrate me for the day.
- I have a protein shake for breakfast: 1 cup of almond milk, 1 scoop of Natural Factors Vegan Vanilla Protein Powder and 1 scoop same in Chocolate.
- I have 2 glasses of water before lunch.
- Lunch is a big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, beets, tofu, 1 boiled egg and sprouts in a vinaigrette (no creamy fatty dressings)
- I have 2 glasses of water before dinner.
- For dinner, I make a big pot of organic hearty vegetable soup: green onions, garlic, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas, brussel sprouts, green beans and yams, sometimes I add garbanzo beans. I have as many bowls as I want.
- If I get hungry in between meals I have an apple, banana, orange or hummus spread on a cucumber slice with an olive on top.
- I go for a workout.
- Repeat the next day.
It’s kind of a cleanse I guess. Makes me feel good, cleared out and I lose a few pounds. I don’t actually weigh myself but I feel lighter and my clothes are looser. I find it re-sets me and gets me away from the sugar and fat. Sugar and fat are so addictive, you have it one day and then you crave it again the next, it’s easy to get on that train if you’re not aware.
When I Ying the Yang I can enjoy treats without guilt, remorse or detrimentally affecting my health.
Wishing you a wonderful Holiday Season!