Having a cold sucks, here are some strategies that have worked for me for a quick recovery:
- I drink 2 litres of lukewarm water a day. It’s a lot of water but I force myself to do it as I find it really speeds up the recovery process. It feels like it’s flushing out the virus. Why lukewarm? This is something my acupuncturist taught me, our inner body is warm so it’s a bit of a shock to receive cold water and also warm water helps with digestion.
- I double up on my vitamin C to boost my immune system.
- I listen to my body and give it rest it needs.
- If I’m really stuffed up and/or coughing and it’s preventing me from getting a good sleep I take a decongestant and/or cough suppressant. Getting a good nights sleep in essential for a quick recovery.
- If I have the energy I will make a big pot of organic vegetable soup. It’s packed with nutrients and is so comforting. I live on it for a few days.
- With a busy life it’s not always easy, but I try to do less and let myself be taken care of.
- I eat natural sources of vitamin C; my favorites are oranges and kiwis.
- As always, don’t skip meals and eat healthy.
Would love to hear your tips!