This short TED talk is worth watching!
It pertains to kids and exercise but really I think it pertains to all of us.
Dr. John J. Ratey explains how exercise makes us better in so many ways, not just physically, and that studies have proven that exercise is:
- a good treatment for depression
- decreases anxiety
- a miracle growth for the brain
- regulates emotions
- improves motivation
- increases attention span
- increases planning skills
- decreases procrastination
- daily exercise is the equivalent of taking a little bit of Prozac and Ritalin everyday
- keeps our brain cells young and perky
- optimizes the brain to learn
- one of the best ways to prevent cognitive decline and Alzheimer’s disease
Exercise is powerful!
Use it to your advantage!
Physical activity is clearly a high-yield investment!
Set small attainable goals to get you started. As you stick with it you can add to your goals.
Think of all the benefits to keep you motivated!
* Make sure to get an okay from your doctor before you start a new exercise program.